We are currently looking to engage AAVVi.net’s first Steering Group! The AAVVi.net Steering Group will help to define strategy and priority areas for the network, increase its visibility, ensure it responds to the needs of its users and oversee and support the efforts of topic- specific working groups addressing different priorities for AAVVi.net constituents. The Steering Group will have 9 members and will serve for a 2-year terms. The Steering Group Roles and Selection Process were discussed during a webinar on 31 May, slides from that discussion can be found here.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Steering Group
The AAVVi.net Steering Group sets direction and provides leadership to the virtual network and to the Working Groups that make it run. The Steering Group will:
- Define overall strategy and priority areas for AAVVi.net, including defining actionable priority areas for the network and appoint working groups to address each AAVVI.net priority.
- Cultivate networking opportunities within AAVVi.net and identify opportunities to extend the reach of the network.
- Increase the visibility of HIV vaccine research and development work done in Africa, and of AAVVi.net.
A Terms of Reference for the Steering Group can be found here.
- Diversity: As far as possible, the Steering Group should represent different areas of expertise (science, behavioral, community, media), regions, career levels, and genders.
- All Steering Group candidates should:
- be employed in the field of HIV vaccine research and development in Africa;
- demonstrate leadership in their field and commitment to the mission and vision of AAVVi.net;
- be prepared to actively participate in and contribute to AAVVi.net, and commit to performing the tasks required of Steering Group members.
- Nominations for the AAVVi.net Steering Group should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief explanation of how the nominee meets the selection criteria. Self-nominations are encouraged!
- The Enterprise will confirm the interest of all qualified individuals nominated and will request a short statement of interest
- If more that 9 individuals are nominated, the AAVVi.net community will vote on the Steering Group nominees
- Pontiano Kaleebu of MRC/UVRI Uganda, the AAVVi.net Champions and the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise, acting as the network secretariat, will ensure the Steering Group membership meets the Selection Criteria above.